Monday, June 18, 2007

U20 FIFA World Cup

Yes, there's another tournament this summer and it's the FIFA U20 World Cup. Yup, the Under20 World Cup is actually coming to Canada! "It's only the juniors! Why else should I watch this tournament?!" you ask? Well it's simple. Most of these players already play with clubs(big clubs and small clubs). Sure some are probably rookies and most if not all are making their international debut, but the future stars are made in this tournament and I'm not just making that up either. Great soccer players have come out of this tournament. Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Javier Saviola, Ronaldihno, Kaka, Adriano and more. These guys made their name on the international scene via this tournament. The question is, who'll be the next superstar? Personally(and I'm not just saying this because I'm an Argentina fan), but I think Sergio "Kun" Aguero will explode in this tournament. This guy is a great player and I think he will(much like previous players) benefit from this tournament. Here are the current groups.

Group A:
Canada(host)
Austria
Chile
Congo

Group B:
Spain
Uruguay
Zambia
Jordon

Group C:
Mexico
Portugal
Gambia
New Zealand

Group D:
Brazil
Korea Republic
Poland
United States

Group E:
Argentina
Czech Republic
Korea DPR
Panama

Group F:
Costa Rica
Japan
Nigeria
Scotland

As usual, in every tournament there's a group of death(see link below for more details about Group of Death).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_death
However in this tournament there seems to be 3 groups of death. Groups C, D and E. Group A seems to be the easiest one of all with Group F behind but you never know. By the way, did I mention I'm going to Argentina vs. Korea DPR and Brazil vs. USA? Yes, I'm special I know, I know. Until next time, remember soccer is the only sport that matters!

No comments: